Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fall is coming - in about 9 months

Winter is officially here about a week ago, time to continue work on a fall project.  
Lots of colors and many hours later I came up with all my blocks completed.  Its always good to know how many of each color you have so I label mine
Triangle fall quilt
 Next step way laying them all out!  I didn't want to turn my computer back on to see what size to make so I used the quilt from my bed as a template.
Triangle fall quilt
And a couple of hours later this is what you get!  Looks pretty good.  It looks random but it is not.  It takes a lot of planning.   
Triangle fall quilt
I put everything together and decided there were a couple colors that didn't quite match everything else.  I left one or two of each colors in the quilt.  I plan on re-purposing the grey to use on the second quilt.
Triangle fall quilt
Now that the major work is out of the way I should really finish my brother and wife's wedding quilt.  It was in September which may be considered fall so it is only apt that it be finished now, or by their first anniversary!
- Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment