Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fall quilt continued

After my initial buying and cutting spree I found out that 8 different fabrics were not enough.  As I wrote in my last post I ended up with about 25 colors.  More shopping was the key!  I went to JoAnns with a gift card from my aunt and bought a couple more colors.  
Triangle fall quilt
I spent an afternoon cutting all my fabrics apart to sew them back together.  Each block ended up being a little smaller than 4 1/2 inches square.  
Triangle fall quilt
My goal is to make a throw quilt that could also be used as a quilt for a twin size bed.  After adding more colors from M&L I probably made too many blocks.  My back pain for another person gain.  Someone might be getting a cool fall quilt in probably 2-3 years at the rate I finish things!
Triangle fall quilt
Do these colors say fall?   I think so.  Maybe not the teal but I can't make a quilt without using at least a little bit of teal.
-Bryn


No comments:

Post a Comment