Monday, March 5, 2012

The Epcot Food Revue!

I went on my last Walt Disney World adventure while working for the Walt Disney Company with my mom last week.   We got a great deal on our visit for our hotel and also got a great deal on the Disney Dining Plan too.  I will tell you right now that dining plan is dangerous.  So much food every day!
I think the easiest way to organize all the photos is by park and food.  There was a lot of food!

Our first food adventure was after a day at the Magic Kingdom was over at the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds.  They have a great dinner show called the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue - see washboard below!
A traveling road show of six entertainers come on stage once everyone is settled with some salad and cornbread with a little sangria on the side.  
Ok, more than a little sangria!
After introducing the players the next round of food came out and all of it was fantastic.  Fried chicken, ribs, corn, beans and mashed potatoes.
Parts of the show have the actors come into the audience.  We were in the balcony of the theater so we didn't see as many characters as those did downstairs.  We did get a visit from Six-Pence Slockum, the actor on the left in the picture below.  He was our favorite character from the show
 As you can see, big smiles full of sangria, food and fun.
The Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue was a great experience but I think it was a one and done.  It was very expensive, costing extra points with our dining plan.  We had a great time but there are many other experiences that I would like to have besides the Revue again.
Now an experience we would do again is Le Cellier
It was our first food adventure in Epcot.  I had heard so many good things about the restaurant that I had to try it for myself.
All of those raving reviews were justified!  Wow, some of the best food I have ever had!  My mom and I got the same items.  Some "Canadian" bread to start, the fantastic filet with mushroom risotto and maple creme brulee.  
Le CellierLe Cellier
We even had our own Canadian for the day.  Kim was a fantastic waitress from Vancouver who is a huge Disneyland fan.  When I told her I was a skipper in California she about freaked out!  Apparently I was the hit of Le Cellier this morning with a couple other cast members stopping by to ask questions.  Le Cellier would be a place that I would 
A couple days later we came back to Epcot for more eating.  We got there for our reservation too early... oops.  The park was not even open yet and there was a 5K run going through the park.  They let us in between the runners and into the park with nobody else in it.  Our reservation was supposed to be 30 minutes before the park opened but we got there about 45 minutes before our reservation.  
 We had a princess breakfast at Akershus in Norway.  The food was nothing really to write home about and some of the princesses obviously hadn't woken up yet and the same goes for my mom.
EpcotEpcot
 The restaurant was nice and our server was easy on the eyes.  Lots of kids misbehaving, crying and yelling.  Not the most ideal way to start the day.
Epcot
 Would we go back... nope...  Certainly nothing to write home about.
 Now into the park we went.  We saw a couple characters around the World Showcase and added them to my autograph book.  I plan on making pillows with the autographs on them.  
Epcot
Epcot
Epcot
On our final day we had many snack credits left and there is no better place to stuff yourself than Epcot.  
Epcot
We stopped by the France Pavilion and got a fantastic Napoleon at the Patisserie.  Delicious!
Epcot
We did get some Caramel popcorn in Germany and it was so good I forgot to take a picture of it!  Oh well. I guess we will have to go back for that one.
I think this post is sufficiently long enough now so another day for more Disney adventures.  
- Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment