Friday, March 9, 2012

Railroad Hoop - yes it does come back here

I'm going to leave the real highlight from my Florida visit until tomorrow.  Now to the real point of my blog, crafts!
It seems that embroidery hoops are very popular in the blogging/crafting world.  So I thought I would give one a try.  With my time at Disney coming to its end I thought it appropriate to make some things that remind me of my happy times with Disney.
I started with an image taken from Main Street Station, printed it and cut it out so that I only had the circle left.
I pinned my paper to the inside of the my embroidery hoop after stretching muslin in it.  I used a light box to trace my image.
Ta-da.  A very nice pencil drawn image to embroider.
I decided to use all black for image.  I toyed with adding some felt and other fabric but it just didn't look as good.
The outside done!  I gave it a couple days break because of work unhappiness but I wouldn't let that get to me. 
The back is done.  It is an abstract piece of art.  It's a shame that I will probably cover it when I finish it completely.
And it's done!
I'm very happy with the results.  I might add an all aboard at the top but that is for yet another day.
Off to Universal and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter tomorrow!

1 comment: