Saturday, October 13, 2012

Late Night at the Phog

I'm interrupting my blog posts from my trip to Europe to post something else for a day.  Yesterday I went to Allen Field house for Late Night at the Phog.  For all you non college basketball lovers out there every year KU kicks off their basketball season by introducing all the players and finishes off with the first scrimmage of the season.  
And it's free!
 We got there about an hour before the festivities started and I'm glad we got there that early.  It was announced that the turned 2,000 people away.
 They gave away free clapper things that had a light in them.  When they turned down the lights everyone turned the clappers on and they glowed throughout the stadium.  
After all the basketball players performed their skits, the halftime shows and the coaches talking it was finally time to watch the scrimmage.  I was so surprised to see so many people leave early.  For one they now scrimmage at 9:30 when it used to be midnight.  And isn't this what you came for?!  I guess it is hard to cheer for a team when both of them are your team.  
It was a fun evening and free!  And I enjoyed spending the day in Lawrence with my mom buying more fabric for projects that will happen eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment