Thursday, July 7, 2011

Diamond pillow

I made another pillow for my bed.  They don't match but they are tons of fun.  I really enjoy the summer colors.
I made this pillow out of a 16 by 16 inches pillow form.  The white diamond in the center is 8 1/2 inches square.  In retrospect I should have make it 8 by 8 inches.  That would leave more space around the edges to sew the two pieces together
The color blocks are 2 by 2 inches.  The pieces did not line up perfectly at the end of each row but practice makes perfect.  I almost like the scrappy look anyways.
The finishing touch on this pillow is a 1/4 inch teal border.  I'd never done one before but I think it ended up working very nicely.  But I gotta work on the corners!
I'm thinking about making some more and selling them on Etsy.  So far I have not sold any items on Etsy but I will keep trying!  

No comments:

Post a Comment