Sunday, February 19, 2012

Kindle case version 3.0

3rd time's a charm!  Version 1.0 - too big.  Version 2.0 - too small.  Version 3.0 - just right!
This time I went with a bookcase look for my digital bookcase. 
And all the pictures are sideways again.  I tried multiple times to get them straight to no avail.
This time I started with a paper layout of my bookcase.  I wanted 3/8 inch border around the kindle when it was finished.
 I went through my scrap collection and found some great fabric to use.
I cut the "books to size and placed the "wood around the edges to get an idea for what it will look like.
Made two sides, one light and one dark. for the covers of the case.
I used the light side for the front cover and the dark side for the back cover.  Looks good!
The inside covers were made from another Disney text print.  This time I used Peter Pan.  
To make the covers more stable I used a thick fusible interfacing.  On the inside cover I also used some batting to cushion the screen. 
I'm finally happy with version 3.0.  I love the cover on the first one.  The inside of the second one is fantastic.  The third one is the right size and the cover is unique and the inside looks great.  I think I'm finally done making Kindle covers for myself.  Maybe I'll start making them for Etsy.  

-Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment