Saturday, August 6, 2011

A bit of 4th of July

 When I have a day off I can work on projects all day long.  Even when there is no sunlight out anymore, which explains all the lousy pictures.
Around the 4th of July I made most of a quilt seen below.  Just looks like Americana doesn't it!
Last night I finished off the front of the quilt.  I figured about 9 inches square for each flag out work.  I added a little variety to the fabric for interest.  And when I ran out of one red, I substituted another!  I love the pinwheel pattern that appears only when I started sewing them together
After finishing the top of one project it led to starting another!  I saw these cute citrus coasters on Purl Bee.  Not to hard to make and fun at the same time.
How cute are these!  An orange, lemon, lime and grapefruit!  I glued the pieces together.  The website suggested to sew them together but that would have taken forever.  If they start coming apart, sewing it is!
Now time to piece together another flag quilt for a gift.  My goal to finish the flag quilts is next 4th of July.  I think that is reasonable!

No comments:

Post a Comment