Friday, August 5, 2011

Starting new projects when I should be finishing others

Why I do this to myself all the time, I will never know.  I have so many projects I could finish but I choose to start others.  At least I know it is still me working on these projects.  I'm doing something besides wasting my time on the internet all day.
The harlequin pillow is going well.  Hey look, a kind-of square corner!
 The front of the pillow is all done.  I really like the pink and purple, perfect for a little girl.  And even with my careful guestimation it is still a little short.
Add a border and it is the perfect size.  TaDa!  I need to hit up JoAnns for more fabric for the back.  I might even make another pillow and put it on Etsy.  Now if someone would buy something from me on Etsy it would be awesome!
Now to my pillow.  I'm going to try 4 colors and see how it goes.  I added the light green for some brightness.
All the pieces cut, now to lay the out.  I wasn't quite sure how I was going to do it so I made a couple options for myself.


Option 1 - Solids in one row and flowers in another
 Option 2 - I used purple as a base color
 Option 3- Solids on the diagonal and flowers on the diagonal
 After spreading them out and looking at them again I liked option 1 the best.  Here it is before it was sewn together.
 Half way there!
And all sewn together.  I think I'm going to try sewing a back pocket so I don't have to use a zipper this time. There is a first time for trying anything in the quilting world.
And here is the finished product.
Looks good, a little busy but after completely assembling it I like it even more.
And the back even has a little detail.  The pocket makes the form fit it even easier than the zipper.
Now what to work on... projects I should finish or those who suit me at the moment.  Only tomorrow will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment