Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Walt Disney World for the third time in one year!

Ahh the Magic Kingdom.  I got there before the official park opening to find that they open the park with tons of characters on the train every morning.  How fun is that!  If only I were selected to open the park with them.  My guess is that they don't often choose a single person to do it.  Sadness.  
Anyways once I was in the park I was happy to see all of the Main Street vehicles out and taking guests to Cinderella castle.  And the Dapper Dans doing a show on the horse drawn street car too.  Where was this on my last three visits?
The relocation of Dumbo was new to me.  I don't think that I ever made it to Toontown Fair but that is where Storybook Circus is now.  And these days there are two Dumbos spinning next to each other, Barnstormer (a small kiddie coaster), Casey Jr. Soak zone water play area, and a huge shop in the land.  I'll have to say that I think that the painting on the Dumbo attraction is garish.  Clashing colors and too much gold does not make me happy!  And I just missed the opening of the New Fantasyland with the Be Our Restaurant, now open!
Of course there were characters.  I couldn't help myself than to join every character line I could find.  Princesses, Mice, Ducks, Pixar characters, and every other one I could find and get their autograph!
This time around I saw the Main Street parade.  Mainly just to see the characters.
The stepsisters were having a bit too much fun as they were booty scooting down the street.  Cinderella was not amused!
And the finale float with the rest of the princesses and princes.  I can't help it.  I just love those couples!
Now for my favorite picture of the trip.  Walt Disney World band, clear day, open street and the castle in the background.  What's not to love!
And more characters.  My favorite interaction was with the evil stepmother and step sisters.  The mom and child infront of me asked someone to hold onto their ice cream while they were taking their photo.  Being the former Disneyland cast member as I am I offered my help. They thanked me and the next two groups cut in front of me.  I finally made my way up to them.  They though that someone should buy me an ice cream and that everyone else was being very rude.  The evil stepsister and stepmother may be evil but they notice things!

And as always I finished my adventures in the Magic Kingdom with Minnie and Mickey.  Gotta say goodbye to the boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment