Friday, April 26, 2013

Hollywood Studios aka the Park of Terrible Shows

Hollywood Studios is truly a theme park with shows.  Good shows?  Maybe not.  
The first show that I saw was The Little Mermaid.  Thank goodness it's only at 20 minute show because it was awful!  Ariel was underpitched the entire time, Eric was a bit fluffy, and the show was so chopped to bit is wasn't enjoyable even if the actors were good.  I wanted to leave but I was sitting in the middle of the row of a full theater so I stuck it out.
Hollywood Studios
One thing I always enjoy in the park is the Magic of Disney animation area.  They always have displays set up for the next Disney or Pixar film.  As I was there in September they had Wreck it Ralph. 
Hollywood Studios
As always I look for characters both inside and outside the Animal courtyard.
Hollywood Studios
The next show was the parade.  They use music from the two California Adventure parades with only about half the interesting floats.  But I do love the music anyways and seeing characters you can't see in meet and greets in the park.
Hollywood Studios
Rachel and I also hit up the 50's Prime Time Diner.  I got a pot roast and Rachel the pork chop.  And man were both of them delicious.  Followed by their smores, what could be better?  We both cleaned out plates but did not get stickers.  I want my money back!
Hollywood Studios
Now to my last adventure in June.  I saw the Beauty and the Beast show.  It is one of my favorite full length musicals so I was excited.  The theater is very nice but the show again is a bit disjointed, but not as much as the Little Mermaid.  The show was decent but there was one thing that still sticks in my head.  What is the deal with the bright pink dresses?  Why?!  They are so ugly!
Hollywood Studios
And finally from my trip in June was Fantasmic.  I love the show in Disneyland.  It is my favorite show there and when I visit I never miss it.  I must have seen it about 50 times.  
The Walt Disney World show just doesn't quite have it.  Missing are my favorite parts with the large boats around the Rivers of America.  There is one part where characters are stuck it bubbles that goes on for about 2 mintues, why?  The changes from the original show certainly don't make it better in my opinion.
Hollywood Studios
I think that Hollywood Studios may have made it's way to the bottom of my Walt Disney World trip.  I certainly spent the least amount of time there compared to the other three parks.  
Up next, Epcot.

No comments:

Post a Comment