Sunday, April 21, 2013

Off to Animal Kingdom

This might be a crazy statement to most but Animal Kingdom is probably my favorite Walt Disney World Park.  It's a zoo, which I always love, with a budget!  
Kilimanjaro Safaris is the icon attraction for the park and rightfully so.  What's not to love about a narrated safari with animals that are always in view.  
Animal Kingdom
My other favorite attraction in the park is Everest.  It's a fantastic roller coaster with a temperamental yeti.  The best moment for me on the attraction is riding up the mountain for the first time.  Look to your left and you will see the Epcot ball, the Swan and Dolphin hotels, and The Tower of Terror.
Animal Kingdom
And of course the characters.  The lines for characters in Animal Kingdom are always reasonable if non existant for characters like Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger.
Animal Kingdom
The details of this park are what set it above any other.  It feels more like Disneyland when it comes to attention to detail.  Good job Mr. Rohde.  Walt would be happy.  It's like the Jungle Cruise he always wanted.
Animal Kingdom
And more characters.  It was my first time visiting with Russel and Dug.  Gotta love new characters, ka kah!
Animal Kingdom
And finally Dinosaur.  It's the terrible version of Indiana Jones.  But it is my favorite bad ride in the parks so I must go on it each visit.  I never quite remember where the camera is so the picture is always fantastic.  We're the bottom two on the left.  I usually have a "you cannot be serious" face.  Rachel does not look happy either.
Animal Kingdom
Until next time Animal Kingdom!
Up next, Hollywood Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment