Monday, November 14, 2011

Little bunting bag

I found another tutorial online that I could not pass up.  I found it at Just Another hang up probably from Pinterest. This little bag, I love bags, didn't seem too difficult and it would force me to organize my scrap pile.  One of my favorite fabrics to use is muslin and that is what the tutorial called for, perfect!  
Bunting bag
 Using my scrap pile I cut tiny triangles in the same color family.  I love making fabric crafts with the ombre color patterns, which up until recently I called a color progression.  I had been doing the ombre style before it was cool.  I'm such a hipster!
Bunting bag
 Even the backside of the fabric looked cool.  Too bad it will never be seen again.
Bunting bag
 Once both side of the bag was done it was sewing time.  On went the zipper and the lining.
Bunting bag
 I think it's kinda cute.  I'm thinking I might shorten it a little bit so there is less non decorated fabric at the bottom.
I wanted the bag to be square when I cut it but now it seems a little odd.  That might solve to extra fabric at the bottom too.
 I'll figure that out tomorrow!
Bunting bag
Well the scarp orginizing didn't go that far but the end product is pretty cute.  Tomorrow I probably won't get too much crafting done but the Wednesday and Thursday I have off!  More wedding and Christmas presents here I come!
- Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment