Saturday, April 14, 2012

Welcome back to Kansas

I've gotten into the embroidery craze like many other crafters have.  I wanted to mark my homecoming by making a hoop just for Kansas.  I chose our very rectangular state and the state flower, the sunflower.
I went into my floss box and found 4 colors.  A green for the stem, yellow for the flower, brown for the seeds and blue for the state outline.
Kansas embroidery
 I took my two images and traced them onto my fabric.  As always my fabric is muslin.  I stretched the fabric and pinned the paper behind it and traced with a pencil.  It's that easy!
Kansas embroidery
 Half way there!  I did the seeds with a french knots.  Turned out well I think.
 And sideways!  But it looks great!
I have tons of ideas for the little embroidery hoops.  More Kansas, more Disneyland and a little bit of everything in-between.

No comments:

Post a Comment