Monday, April 30, 2012

A Time to Quilt

Today is the day.  The day to get working on my unfinished projects again, and start a couple more too!  I started by bringing out all my bins of fabric.  I thought I had 5, but no, I have 6.  Thank goodness that I buy in small quantities or else I would have a dozen!
We also brought out my mom's collection.  Her's is nothing compared to mine, about 1/6th!  Using her collection, with a little bit of mine, we are  going to make a new master bedroom quilt.  As many of you can tell from my previous posts it is very difficult for me to finish a large project.  Keeping that in mind it is time to start another.
Searching around the internet wasting time I found this quilt.
More than anything I like the pattern.  The chevron/zig zag pattern spoke to me.  I usually love the white contrast but this time I'm going for all color.
I drew up some plans.  I find it helpful to plan it out so I don't have as much excess fabric.  Hopefully it actually works out that way.  Only time will tell.
I'm going to use fabric that I originally purchased for a different project that is defiantly not going to happen.  All teals, blues and green.  I found one more large piece of fabric to add to what I had already purchased so now I have eight different colors.  I hope it turns out as well as I think it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment