Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Let the assembly begin!

I love starting another project.  And this time I've got a brand new cutting mat too!  My poor last cutting mat had been used so much that the self healing top was flicking away.  It's nice to start anew in a new place with a new mat!
I liked the chevron quilts that I have seen around the web.  I decided to go with all solids in the same color family, teals, blues and greens fabric from a defunct project.  About a yard and a half each.  Time to cut the triangles and put them together in the chevron pattern.  Triangles are frequent in many of my more recent projects.
To get an idea what it was going to look like I laid it out on the counter.  Looks good.  
Four rows down with many more to go.  Gotta start somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment