Saturday, May 5, 2012

One thing turns into another

My chevron quilt has become the master bedroom quilt.  This chevron quilt was going to be a throw for me but it became a whole other project in the process.  I had 8 colors to use and I had to figure out how to arrange them.  I just laid them out in two different ways using my scraps as a guide.  I decided on the top one.  
The color progression.  No surpise that I ended up doing a color order instead of random.  It's my style.
As I was laying out my quilt I had a little helper.  My mom's cat Bela boy was a big helper.  By helping he was really good at moving all my pieces around.  Good job kitty.
Chevron ombre quilt
Overall I like the look of the quilt.  It's now time tow cut out many more triangles of quilt since the size has increased.  
Chevron ombre quilt
Chevron quilt in all blues and greens with a little help from the cat.  It's a good thing!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the color scheme. They are all my favorite colors- the colors the evoke the ocean.

    Also, lol, animal help. I love when cat or bunny get in on the action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Those colors speak to me too. I always think of Hawaii/California when I see teal!

      Delete