Friday, May 18, 2012

Book crafting

All the time that I have spent away from working on my blog and crafting I have been reading.  I got my library card back in Johnson County and I have already maxed out my hold list!  And from my reading I have become fascinated with paper crafts from books.  I started with one book to see what I could make from it.
To remove all the pages I used a box cutter.  The edges are certainly not perfect but for most of the projects they don't need to be.
I tried to keep the hardbound cover intact for another project.  There is a small cut on the spine from some over zealous cutting but I might end up covering it with fabric.
I have a couple books around the house that I can use and I bought a couple from the used book store.  Maybe I'll find some more this weekend around the neighborhood garage sales this weekend.  My adventure will be seeing how many crafts I can make out of one book.  I have a feeling it is going to be a lot.
I'm looking forward to playing around with paper for a while.  I'm still truly enjoying reading so much that my crafts are intermittent and small.  But hey if they are small then I might actually get to finish them.

2 comments:

  1. Empty book! That's a craft in of itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, one of these days I'll figure out what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete