Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Books into gift tags

From some of my other paper projects I ended up with some scraps.  I can't part with some piece that could become something else.  I've been inspired by Pinterest as many crafters have recently.  I found some upcycled craft tags.  
 I cut my squares approximately 2 inches by 3 inches.  Some scraps were a little bigger or smaller so  For some stability I also cut white cardstock as backers.
 After the pieces were cut out including the two top corners for the top of the tag I glued the pieces together.  Some of the pieces did not quite match up.  They just needed a little trimming.  The final touch were some stamps on the book pages. 
After all that I added a whole punch at the top for string to go through to attach to gifts in the future.
As always I have more ideas for these little guys with some distress ink and some new and different stamps and book pages.  Maybe even some fancy eyelet to replace the simple hole punches.  It's a great scrap project.  Now I will probably never throw any craft paper pages away.

No comments:

Post a Comment