Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baby Boy Teal Chevron Quilt

I started and finished a project, a quilt, in less than a week!  Who knew I could do it!  I would even doubt myself if I didn't know that I myself had made it.
There were scraps from my dad's quilt that were underutilized.  After finishing his quilt I found out that I could have used them but his was already done so they were moved onto another project.  I hate having extra strips of fabric from a big quilting project.  This was the perfect solution to not have to add them to my overflowing scrap box!
 I couldn't well move the cat off of one project let alone two!  I hand quilted every other chevron stripe in the ditch.  For those readers who are not quilters, in the ditch means quilting right next to the pattern seem.  About 1/4 of an inch in my case.  Keeps the front, batting and back all together.
 Obviously it looks a lot like my dad's quilt.  It was made from the same fabric so it should.  Unless I made a huge mistake, which sometimes I do!
I love it in the big version and the little.  Some little boy will love playing/sleeping/making a mess on it as any youngin' would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment