Friday, February 8, 2013

Teal chevron quilt

This quilt has been in the works for a long time.  It was originally going to be a throw quilt for me.  I had tons of blue/green/teal fabric that was going to be used for something else.  About four yards of each color.  
As I started constructing the throw quilt my mom asked if she could have it for the quilt for the master bedroom quilt.  She had made the one on the bed over 20 years ago and it had seen better days.
I started it in May or so, got distracted by other projects and it sat.  
I picked it back up for to construct most of the top, and it sat again for me to finish another quilt. 
 At least I got another one finished.  Then came Christmas, it came and went and I finally finished the chevron quilt at the start of a new year.  That's always a good feeling, starting something new and starting a new year at the same time!
 I hand sewed and turned the quilt.  I quilted along every other color.
Teal Chevron quilt
The back I tried to make it fancy.  I had an extra row that I used to divide the back into three different section.  
Teal Chevron quilt
 One side is solid and the other side is divided with another row of chevrons.  It's a bit hard to see in these photos since the colors were so similar.
Teal Chevron quilt
I like and my parents like it too.
It's so teal, so Bryn.

No comments:

Post a Comment