Sunday, February 17, 2013

Girl Ombre Chevron Zig Zag Baby Quilt

Another day another baby girl quilt.  This one is the first of three quilts that I'm making for twins.  Why three you ask?  Well my aunt and uncle are gifting them to another family member, who I'm not related to, and they don't know the sex of the babies.  As I was already in a quilting mood all three came along very quickly.  And they came out beautifully.


As I was quilting it the cat decided to help.  And by help I mean sleep on it all day.
Pink and Purple Chevron quilt

Plus they are absolutely on trend to!  I loved ombre, or color progression, before it was cool and I jumped on the chevron wagon when looking at other craft sites.
I had to make up for being a bit short on one fabric.  To make up for being short on the width I made a border all around.  I made sure to connect the light pink on both sides of the chevron pattern.
Obviously this quilt is for a girl.  It doesn't get more girly than pink and purple.  I'll admit that I have never been much of a fan of pink over the years but I find as I grow older it is growing on me.  But I've always liked purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment