Friday, May 17, 2013

Awolnation in Lawrence Kansas

So now that I'm gainfully employed it is time to enjoy myself with the money that is coming in.  So why not go to some concerts!
Off to Lawrence I went for my first concert in a long time.  Mostly because I'm cheap.  Ok it's really because I'm cheap and I don't want to pay the service fees.  But really it's all about the experience.  So off I went to Mass Street (Massachusetts for those non-Lawrence people).
My brother and I went up and down Mass street, looking for something new and delicious to eat and places to get ready for the concert. Terrebone delicious hush puppies and great po-boys.

So by the time we actually got into the show the first lead in band was done and the second was onstage.  Blondfire was the second band.  They were pretty darn good.  I'm sure they will become a bigger thing in the future.  I'm really loving seeing shows with bands on the up and up.
The lead singer had a picture taken of the crowd.  I checked their website and they do it at every show.  Kinda cool.  I was there (but in the bathroom!)

Next up was the main attraction of the evening, Awolnation.  If you have not heard their stuff, check it out now.  They are amazing!  They have so much variety that the same album does not sound like the same band.
 And their front man is very entertaining!
So many fantastic songs and a packed house.  Not too much of a better way to watch a show.


No comments:

Post a Comment