Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The new California Adventure

Now off to everything new.  Why did I leave working at Disneyland again.  I missed out on all the fun this past summer.  Carsland and Buena Vista Street were new since I'd left.  There was quite a bit to see in the few days that I was there.  As I entered the gates all the light posts in the esplanade were covered with new attraction posters for new and old attractions in California Adventure.
Once inside I watched a cute short show around the lagoon called Just Add Water.  Goofy conducts the water like Mickey did in the Sorcerer's Apprentice.  Another new thing for me was the Mad Tea Party.  I'd seen GlowFest and ElecTRONica so this was nothing new to me.  I love Alice in Wonderland but not the Tim Burton version, which is what the Mad Tea Party is based off of.  
And speaking of Tim Burton, there was a display of Frankenweenie in the Animation Building.  Fitting.  They had a couple figures from the film in scenes in cases.  It's always amazing to me to see how small the figures actually are.
Of course the big new thing is Cars Land.  It really does feel like walking into Radiator Springs from the movie.  I just wish that I loved the movie.  Only two weeks earlier I was in Hogsmeade which I love about a thousand times more.  It was hard not to compare.  But it was very cool and a fantastic addition to California Adventure that it desperately needed.
We at Flo's V-8 Cafe.  We had the the Pork Loin in Coca-Cola BBQ sauce.  Defiantly big enough for two people.  But don't order the corn as a side, yuck! 
Once inside Cars Land we hit the attractions inside.  Radiator Springs Racers is a great ride.  Will you win or lose?  Who knows.
I'll be back.  Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment