Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mickey's Halloween Party in Disneyland 2012

Yes. Disneyland at Halloween!  I love it.  It really never gets old to me.  It was my third Disneyland Halloween party.  The first I was a bit out of sorts with no costume.  Last year I was short hair Rapunzel.  This year I was Mary Poppins.  Nanny Style!
Once I was in of course I went straight to the characters.  I can't help myself.  But unfortunately I did not come prepared when it came to something for autographs.  Yes I am that person.
I found some of my friends in the park about half way through.  We went through many Trick-or-treat lines.  I got two bagfuls of candy, probably 4 pounds worth!  Amazing.
We headed up to my old home away from home, Main Street Station, to watch the fireworks.  For once I put down my camera to just watch the show.  Halloween Screams is probably my favorite fireworks that Disneyland has right now.
New this year were the Villians in Town Square next to Main Street Station.  They came out on a horse drawn carriage with the Evil Stepmother and Stepsisters trailing behind.  Kinda fun.  Also new this year were the Dapper Dans singing on the Rivers of America.  They added a lot while trick or treating or waiting for a character!
And I finally met Malificicent in Disneyland!  But no autograph.  Nooooo!!  Oh well it was worth the wait.  I got there about 5 minutes before she was scheduled to arrive and I was the first in line.  Score!
Another first for me was Prince Ali.  I had always missed him in the past.  There was only 2 groups in front of me when I got in line.  Gotta love a less than 5 minute line in Disneyland.
And the longest line of the of night was Jack and Sally.  I hadn't seen them during the day so I waited out the line to be the last on for that set to see both of them together..  Excellent!
As always I had a wonderful time.  I wish I wasn't so far away so I could be sure to visit every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment