Friday, May 24, 2013

Other California Adventures

Ah California.  The weather is so nice and there is so much to do.  I never took enough advantage of that when I lived there.  But when I visit I always find something to do.
I went with my Disneyland friend Shawna to Huntington Beach.  I'd never been.  We talked at length about the goings on in each of our lives.  We enjoyed a lunch at the Ruby's at the end of the pier.  The day ended at Downtown Disney where I'm always happy to enjoy a drink a Trader Sam's.
 Going out on Lake Mission Viejo was another first time activity.  With my grandpa, mom, and others from my grandpa retirement community we booked 3 boats and scooted around the lake for about an hour.  The lake is beautiful and calm with the Saddleback mountains as a fantastic backdrop. 
 Another first for me was the Reagan Library in Simi Valley.  Overall it was a good Presidential library.  Not the best one that I've visited but it is up there.
One of the unique things inside is Air Force One.  Inside.  And propped up like it is ready to fly out the window at any moment.  And you can go inside.  It feels like you are stepping right back into history onboard.  Computer, phones and fax machines that could only be found in the 80s.  Very cool none the less.
 Jelly Beans.  What says President Reagan than his portrait made out of Jelly Beans?  I'm not sure there is anything really.
The museum sits on the top of a hillside.  On the top of the hillside is a piece of the Berlin Wall.  It is so short after seeing the Belfast wall.  But important none the less.
 It is a beautiful final resting place for the president and his museum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment