Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012 A Year of Finishing Projects

As far as finishing projects 2012 was a good year.
Valentine's day Pillow
Kindle case version 1, 2, and 3  

T- shirt quilt.  There is not a lot of progress on this project.
Disney is always an inspiration.  I made a couple ornaments, got some fabric signed for future projects and made a travel wallet for my adventures into the park.

I went to Walt Disney World 3 times within 2012.  I even saw Disneyland Paris' castle at Walt Disney World that I would later see in person.

Disneyland
I left Disneyland but not before getting some photos with the Fab 5!
Disneyland

I traveled 1650 miles back to Kansas City.
I caught onto the embroidery hoop craze and made Disneyland Railroad, Kansas Sunflower and the 1912 Jayhawk.

I went all around KC when I got back.  I went to Union Station, the Overland Park arboretum and Royals games.

I started and actually finished a queen size quilt within the same year!
I bought some books, tore them apart and made many different, wonderful things from them.
I love making all those paper flowers!
And coasters!
After moving home and taking time off I went on the biggest adventure of my life.  I went to Europe for 3 1/2 weeks.  What an amazing time.
I started in London during the break between the Olympics and Paralympics.  When I came back to London after my two week bus tour the Paralympics were in full swing.
Kensington Palace gardens and grounds were beautiful.
I got super lost in York.
Crossed an international border without feeling like it.
Went to the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
Found some ruins at the base of Arthur's Seat.
Visited Loch Lomond.
Climbed the steps the Giant's Causeway
Walked around the Aran Islands.
Went to the Cliffs of Moher.
I made more paper roses but this time out of Disneyland Maps.
I finished my grandfather's fall quilt.  It is one of my favorite quilts I've made.
I made some ornaments.  My annual ornament with paper cranes.  And I made some ornaments from wedding bouquets that both couples loved.
And after about 10 years sitting in a tin I found something to make from my paper cranes.  Christmas tree garland made from candy wrappers.  Pretty awesome.
And my brother and wife's quilt.  It only took me about a year and a half to finish but it is done now!

No comments:

Post a Comment