Friday, January 11, 2013

A Lattice baby girl's quilt

As many of my projects go it take me a very long time to complete an entire project.  I'm superb at finishing the top of quilts but it takes me a bit longer to finish them completely.  But I'm happy to report that I've been on a roll lately.  So at least the next seven posts are completed projects!  I'm so happy I would be jumping with joy if it weren't for the need for me to be still to type up these blog posts!
So here we go with the completions!
 My first project finished was a baby quilt.  I actually finished three but gifted one of them to an expectant mom before taking a photo.  Once of these days I will get better at that too!
Like many of my projects I finished the top of it ages ago!  This quilt is no exception.
 I hand quilted the top, batting and back all together and then hand turned the edges.  Outside of the construction of the top everything else I did by hand.  I'm getting a good callus on my quilting finger now!
I love how this one came out.  It doesn't scream girl but it defiantly leans that way, especially with the purple backing.  I might have an order for a baby girl quilt or two here soon so I'm glad that I have some back stock ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment