Sunday, January 20, 2013

Rock Chalk Jayhawk Basketball

I got a call from the brother this past Monday and off I went to Lawrence.  To Allen Fieldhouse for my 5th visit of the year!  4 Games and Late Night.  That is certainly something I cannot complain about.
One of the most fantastic things about watching a game inside the Fieldhouse is the video before the introduction of the team.  It's loud, it's emotional, it recalls memories, and makes you completely ready for the game.  Best Pump Up Video ever!
My brother invited me to the game when he found himself with a second ticket.  If that every happens again, let me know!
It was a great game.  We won over Baylor 61-44.  The Jayhawks looked great in the first half, slowed down a bit and got a bit sloppy in the middle but it was still a trouncing.  The Allen Fieldhouse winning streak continues with 32 consecutive wins.
And now we have a new picture to put on our parents fridge.
Hopefully I make it there one more time this season.  If not to a live game at least to watch the Jayhawks on the scoreboard in the Final Four? You never know when a basketball ticket gives you a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment