Friday, January 25, 2013

Jayhawk revisited

I made an embroidery of a Jayhawk a couple monts back.  I decided after a while that I did want to paint it to add some extra interest.
I started with some scrap fabric in another embroidery hoop.  I made a little sample and decided that I liked it watered it better.  Just a little water with acrylic paint is all it took.
1912 Jayhawk embroidery
 The finished project.  I like it much better with the color.  It's always fascinating to me that color bleeds even across mediums.  The top of the Jayhawk's legs are now a little green.  Adds character!
After using the acrylic paint I went off to the craft store to buy some watercolors for future projects.  Hopefully I will be able control the saturation of the color better in the future, but I'm pretty happy with the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment