Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Finishing Rapunzel

I'm heading to the Disneyland Trick or Treat party tomorrow with my mom and I absolutely need to finish my costume for the party.  Only a few steps left now.  But I did start completely over on the skirt last night at 11pm.
Rapunzel cosplay
It felt too dark and the opening for the under layer of the skirt was too big.  So back to JoAnns I went looking for some more purple fabric
Rapunzel cosplay
New underskirt fabric
New fabric, new skirt.  I did much better cutting and shaping the skirt than last time.  Much less frustration involved.
Rapunzel cosplay
Looks good with the lace trim
The whole day was not spent on this costume.  I always have a lot of things to do.  Not only did I have to work today but I also was in Disneyland with a good friend of mine.  So why not visit Rapunzel while we were there!
Rapunzel cosplay
Rapunzel with Rachel and I
I wanted to look at what Rapunzel wore in the park and glance that the costume dresses for little girls for the pattern that goes around the skirt.
Rapunzel cosplay
Mine ended up not to bad.  I got paint is some other places along the skirt.  Hopefully nobody else will notice but me!
Rapunzel cosplay
The top is practically done, just the sleeves are left.  Finally all the hems are done and the lace has been added. I'm so close!
Rapunzel cosplay
Almost there
One o'clock in the morning it's time to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment