Sunday, October 30, 2011

Christmas presents with scraps



 My Christmas stockings left me with a ton of left over fabric that was already sewn together.  I've had a Chrismtas pillow on my project list for a while.  It dawned on me that my scraps would be perfect for those pillows.  There is no time like the present to make presents!
For each 16" pillow I cut a 8 inch square white piece of fabric.  I needed more white fabric on the outside to create a diamond shape.  Two - 8 1/2 squares for the sides of the pillows and cut them once diagonally to create two large triangles.
I cut 2 inch wide pieces from my last project and framed in 8 inch piece.
 I pressed out the seems and added my other pieces of white fabric on each side.  I had 4 square pieces of fabric with a colorful border along each edge.
I sewed on the large triangles on each side of the square to reorient the fabric square in the center to create a diamond instead.
All that hard work left me with a beautiful diamond pillow top.
That is all I can get done today.  It's time to head to work.  Tomorrow I plan on using even more scraps for more pillows and other projects.  
- Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment