Thursday, October 27, 2011

Making Christmas

Halloween has not even happened yet and everywhere you look there is Christmas stuff.  I have not quite the Christmas bug yet but I need to start on all my present projects
I bought a couple new Christmas fabrics while they were on sale and added them to all my stash of green and reds.
I had the fabric laid out in different patterns.
Mixed up
My usual color organization is color progression.  Dark to light of each color
Colors together
I went with the second option.  It looks much more like me.
How many other projects do I need to finish, many.  So why start something new.  Because that is what I do!
I assembled enough fabric to make 4 fronts of Christmas Stockings.  I took some brown wrapping paper and cut a general pattern for the stocking.  Not too bad for a first try.
 4 Christmas stockings for two couples.  They look nice, but they are not even close to being done!
Cutting the lining was next.  The problem about getting better at the stuff you make is having to do all the steps to make it look like it should.
Stockings with-in Stockings - so meta!
Now to add a detail.  Not sure add the toe and heel detail.  I think it might be busy enough already, so no red on the bottom.
Add red or not - that is the question
I put together the outside and the inside lining.  
My final addition was a felt top.  It's not a Christmas stocking without the white trip on top. 
After turning the felt and putting the finishing touches they are done!  Three Christmas presents and one for me!
Tomorrow is another Christmas project with many of the scraps from this project.  I have to get up at 5:30am for work so I expect not a ton of progress.  To another day!
-Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment