Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 21 Disneyland Paris continued

I had a couple hours before the parade so with my parkhopper I walked over to Walt Disney Studios Park.  Just like Disneyland it is just a short less than 5 minute walk to make it over to the park.
Once you pass the turnstiles they immediately funnel you through a sound stage.  Inside there are restaurants and stores themed to Hollywood boulevard.  Kinda fun but a bit cramped so walked straight through an into the park 
Disneyland Paris

My first stop once inside was the Tower of Terror. It sat practically in the center of the park so it was hard to miss.  It is an exact copy of the one in California.  There was not much of a sense that the cast members where into it much.  The video in the library was still in English with French subtitles.  Once we got to the loading I moved up quickly as a single rider. Our cast member wasn't very into playing a character.   I was a suppose when you have to give safety instructions in multiple languages some of the storyline gets lost.  It's not very hard to play the bellhop character but unhappy is different than a bit scary/off kilter.  Like I said the ride was the same but still fun with views of their Downtown Disney.
Disneyland Paris
I went from the ventured of the park to the newest part.  Not that I could really know that it was new since it was all new to me.  Toy Story land had a couple new attraction.  I started at RC Racer.  You sit in RC and go back and forth on a U shaped track.  Again nothing that I hadn't been on before but it was fun none the less.  I waited for it in the single rider line which was probably a mistake, it was slow moving and in the sun on a warm day and pushy people kept trying to cut in front of me.  I guess that part is not entirely different than a US park but it was more blatant.  From there I went onto Slinky Dog Zigzag Swing.  You sit in a car within Slinkly while the ride around in circles.  Been on that ride before but never in Slinky Dog!
Disneyland Paris
My last attraction in Walt Disney Studios was Crush's coaster.  It was the one of the newest attractions.  For those of you who have been to Walt Disney World it is like Primeval Whril but with real themeing.  It was the longest line of the day by quite a bit, 45 minutes when most attractions were only 10.  It is an indoor mouse coaster on a turtle shell with Squirt and Crush as your guide.  Very cute.
It was coming closer to the time that I needed to head back to Disneyland.  I snapped a couple more photos on my way out.  They had a little Carsland area with all the kiddie rides.  There even was a little Radiator Springs.  But no Radiator Springs Racers.  I'll forgive them for now!
Disneyland Paris
 I jumped back across the esplanade area back under the Disneyland Hotel to the main entrance of the park.  Compared to the first time that I walked through the gates, which was off to the far left, the center entrance gave a much bigger impression of walking into Disneyland.  You pass the Mickey Floral before passing under the hotel and ticket booths to enter the park.  I also walked under Main Street Station, which was featuring an impressive 20th anniversary sign, to finally make my way onto Main Street.  I walked by Walt's Restaurant which is the fanciest restaurant in the park.  I don't think that Walt would actually eat there, too many fancy meals and not enough Chili and Hot Dogs.  My final stop before the parade was back at the bakery for my free drink.  As I was in Paris I ordered a Cafe au Lait.  Can't go wrong with that, especially if it's free.
Disneyland Paris
 Then the clock struck 6 and it was time for the parade, Disney Magic on Parade!.  As I have written on here before, or if I haven't, I would rather watch fireworks over a parade any day.  But it being Paris and I had never seen it before I thought why not.  Plus their characters had to be more attractive than Walt Disney World's!
Disneyland Paris
Wow.  They had so many characters!  The Three Good Fairies, The Blue Fairy, Merlin, All the Princesses with their Princes, Pinocchio, Pirates, Toy Story, Lion King, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh and of Course the Fab Five!
Disneyland Paris
Once the parade was over I went back into Fantasyland to check out the castle.  Still closed!  Then off to the teacups!  They are under a beautiful canopy as Paris does get weather from time to time.  I took a spin under the canopy.  Whee!  
Right next door was Blanche Neige et les Sept Nains.  It's Snow White, like Disneyland's but with a happy ending.  No abrupt endings for Paris!  I would come back to Pinocchio later to find it closed for the day.  I missed it by about 2 minutes.  Closed early for fireworks.  Sadness. 
Disneyland Paris
From there I went to the back of Fantasyland to It's a Small World.  It's much more colorful than the American counterparts.  And I'm not usually a fan of It's a Small World but this one I really liked.  Plus having been to a couple countries that the attraction featured it was fun to relive and continue living those places.  I also got a boat to myself which I will never complain about.
Disneyland Paris
I rounded the corner to check out an oldie but a goodie.  They Old School Star Tours, in French.  I didn't think that I'd ever get to see Rex's adventure through the universe.  But it was not quite the same without Paul Rubens.  After Star Tours I walked over to Space Mountain to find that the line was still 5 minutes.  I mean when do you ever see Space Mountain with a 5 minute line!  Never!  But apparently it happens in Paris.
Disneyland Paris
As I had accomplished most everything that I wanted to inside the park I walked out of Disneyland World of Disney - so tiny
Disneyland Paris
So as my European trip wound down I had discovered that I really didn't need to eat much when I was busy.  Hungry stomach, pop some nuts from my bag with some water you're good to go for a couple hours!  Well I was in Disneyland so I couldn't resist everything.  The park closed early by summer standards so many of the resturants were already closed.  I decided on trying out Casey's at the end of Main Street.  I figured they would have a chili cheese dog but alas.  They only had a cheese dog.  Really?!  When have I ever been at a baseball game and had just a cheese dog.  It must work for Paris, like doughnuts in the bakery.  So I looked around some of the shops and restaurants and found a candied apple.  No caramel apples here just candied.  I really enjoyed it as it was a treat that I had no experienced in a long time.
Disneyland Paris
Now to the highlight of my trip.  Disney Dreams was worth the price of admission alone.  Not that I actually paid to get in but I would have for that show!  Their 20th anniversary fireworks show combined 3 fantastic shows together into one spectacular one!  The fireworks from Remember Dreams Come True, the projections on water from World of Color and film projects on the castle from Magic, Memories, and You.  The only think that I can really complain about where the pushiness of the guests.  I had a good spot, then got pushed further and further back.  Oh well.  I still saw a fantastic show.  One of the best ones I've ever seen.  Ok... it was the best night show I've ever seen!  I'm so glad I stuck around.  
It was worth forty five minutes that I waited on the train for it to leave the station.
Thanks for reading Disney fans!


No comments:

Post a Comment