Saturday, March 9, 2013

Disneyland Paris Flowers

I've made flowers from books and Disneyland maps.  Since I started crafting more frequently with paper I've been collecting it from every place I go.  Now to put some of them to use.
I guess one of my biggest souvenirs I acquired along my European trip were Disneyland Paris maps.  I grabbed about 20 of them while I was in the park to bring home.  Let me tell you that all that all those paper maps ended up pretty heavy coming back home.
The map itself it really quite colorful.  Compared to the US parks maps it has a lot more color.  And it's a two in one map, both parks are on one sheet.
And now for the finished product.  These are my favorite flowers that I've made so far.  The colors are fantastic and vary so much on each flower.
I wrapped the stems first with floral tape.  It give them a much more substantial look and feel.  Then I gathered all the stems together and wrapped them with ribbon.  To secure the ribbon I used fabric straight pins.
Disneyland Paris Map Flowers
 What's not to like on how they came out.  
One map created this entire bouquet of 12 flowers.
Now to find them a proper place in the house.  
And to figure out what to do with the 19 other maps I acquired.

No comments:

Post a Comment