Sunday, March 31, 2013

Book wreath

I found this beautiful wreath online and thought it looked pretty cool.  I found some tutorials and off I went creating one of my own.
I took a used copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  The entire book.  It always hurts me to defile a book but it was worth it for the end result.  Plus it was a homeless book at a library book sale.  It will just be enjoyed in a different way.
I bought a medium sized Styrofoam wreath and went to work with paper, hot glue and staples.
I started in the middle of wreath.  On all layers but the first I only used hot glue.  Once I got to the layer that would sit on the wall I added a staple for some extra substance.
Once I made it to a flat back I flipped it over and started working again.  As I went along I used different folding patterns for various pages.  Some in cones, S shapes, and hearts.
Once I got to the inside on of the wreath I again secured the inside most layer with staples.  I had a couple extra sheets of paper in the end which I placed in any place where ever I could see the white from the foam wreath.  
 And it's complete!  Not to shabby for about a $5 project.
Another project complete.  I just need to make a second one for my mom.  Another day and another craft project to add to my list.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Please do some newspaper stuff. I'd love a tutorial on something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only step I would add would be to cut the newspaper to the size of a book page and move forward from there.

    ReplyDelete