Friday, January 27, 2012

Kindle cover

I recently bought a Kindle.  I always wanted one.  I had been waiting for them to drop under $100 which they did.  I decided to upgrade to the Fire version.  I didn't want non-buyers remorse by buying the black and white version when there was a color one available!
Kindle Case
I looked at the store for some cover and didn't really like any of them and they were about $30 for the cheapest.  They didn't have a screen cover at all so off to my fabric stash I went.
Kindle Case
 I took almost all of my fabric home to KC so I could focus on the stuff I already made.  I knew it wouldn't work but I gave it a try.  I kept all of my solids because I was still working on the all solids quilt.
Kindle Case
 I kept up with the all solids idea after finding that most of my scraps were going to be a little short.  I cut a piece of paper to the size I wanted and folded it to create the pattern.  I suppose it was bit a paper piecing without the sewing on the paper.
Kindle Case
 The front and back cover looks pretty good! 
Kindle Case
After some mistakes with the size of the elastic I will have to redo part of the interior which means ripping apart almost all of it to fit the elastic that I messed up the first time!  
It's a learning process but I'm getting better at all these crafting things.  Keeps me busy and out of trouble.
- Bryn 

No comments:

Post a Comment