Friday, January 20, 2012

Valentines day pillow

The day after breaking off the relationship I couldn't just sit around.  I had to do something.  And something that comes naturally to me is working on crafts. 
Valentine's day is around the corner so it would be the easiest crafts to make.  After breaking up hearts are not quite the items you want to be working with but I did it anyways.
I found a piece in my parents house that inspired me to make a patchwork pillow for Valentine's day.
heart pillow
 Blogger decided to change all my pictures sideways, oh well.  I went to my fabric stash after buying some fabric from one of my favorite fabric shop in Lawrence, KS, Sarah's and starting cutting the ever popular 2 1/2 in squares. 
heart pillow
 I started to draw out some different patterns.  I originally planned to use diamonds as a pattern for the pillow but the different angles of the heart precluded that idea.  I decided to go pretty simple and go from there.
heart pillow
I took a good amount of time laying out the initial shape of the heart with one fabric of the four that I had chosen.  
heart pillow
To continue tomorrow.  Crafting make the heart grow stronger!
- Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment