Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Needing a little bit of Disney

As always I counldn't finish one project without starting another.  I had an idea for my wedding that I can re-purpose later to ornaments.
I couldn't have my wedding, and Sean's too I guess, without a little Disney in it.  I thought it would be cute at each table to have a little ornament hanging off a mason jar.  And if I decide that I don't want to do Disney at the wedding, not all my time is lost.
 I started with the Kingdom flag from Tangled.  I had the colors of felt already.  There were two shapes seven time and arrange them around a circle.  I glued the pieces down onto the felt and stitched them from behind, as to not see the stitches too much.
Tangled flag ornament
I stuffed it with some leftover quilt batting and did a blanket stitch around the edges.  For good measure I added my crafting signature and the year.  All that is left is a ornament hanger.
Tangled flag ornament
The first ornament turned out great.  Only 12-15 more to go!  The plan is about half Disney and Disneyland and half Sean's interests.  Plus a lot of crossover of things we both like.  I suppose we have to like some of the same things!
-Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment