Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Visit Home

As many of you know I am a Kansas Girl living in California.  I love the California weather, lack of bugs and allergens but Kansas City is really my home.   I took about two weeks off to go home for my brother's wedding.  The wedding was many years in the making.  Matthew and Sara have been together for at least 6 if not 8 years, depending on how they want to count it.  I loved seeing my brother finally getting married.
Sara asked me to be a bridesmaid the wedding and of course I said yes!  We had the rehearsal the night before and went to the Grand Street Cafe on the Plaza for dinner.  The Bride and Groom thanked us for being a part of their special day. 
Matthew was already beaming at Sara and he did the next day too.
Sara's dress was gorgeous.  It fit her style and personality.  She was checking in out for the first time on her wedding day veil and all.
The bridesmaids.  There were 5 of us.  Her two college colleagues, two cousins and myself.
That smile never left my brother's face.  Their first dance was to Jack Johnson's Banana Pancakes.  Perfect for them.  Matthew's dance with our mom to Somewhere over the Rainbow by Iz.
Ok, so my brother's face might have changed a bit during the night.  But that is the Matthew I know.
 The last dance of the night.  It's Business Time by Flight of the Concords.  Yep, it was a great night.
 Now that I'm back for about a month with out a ton of people in town or things to do back to crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment